Friday, September 21, 2007

Points of Order: Ginsu v. the Spread (Week 3)

Not only did I take a beating in fantasy football,
losing all three of my games, my spread picks got
pummeled as well-- I went 5-11, bringing my 2007
record to 14-18. My week 3 picks:

Cardinals (+7.5) over RAVENS-- My spidey senses are
telling me to pick Arizona to cover.
Chargers (-4.5) over PACKERS-- Someone has to pay for
the beatdown the Bolts took in Foxboro.
Colts (-5.5) over TEXANS-- If Andre Johnson were
playing, I'd consider taking the points. Without him,
it's a no-brainer.
Vikings (+2.5) over CHIEFS-- I have no clue who the
Vikings' backup QB is. It really doesn't matter.
PATRIOTS (-15.5) over Bills-- The Patriots look
completely incapable of winning fewer than 13 games.
Dammit.
JETS (-3.5) over Dolphins
Lions (+6.5) over IGGLES-- One more improbable Philly
loss before the long and painful epilogue begins.
49ers (+8.5) over STEELERS-- This one should be
entertaining; the spread is way too high.
Rams (+3.5) over BUCCANEERS-- I'll put my virtual
money on St. Louis one last time...
BRONCOS (-3.5) over Jaguars
RAIDERS (-3.5) over Browns-- Because lightning doesn't
strike twice.
SEAHAWKS (-3.5) over Bengals-- Any time Shaun
Alexander wants to start churning out yards and TD,
I'll be here, because my C team is hurting.
Panthers (+3.5) over FALCONS
REDSKINS (-4.5) over Giants-- Unless Eli grows a pair.
Cowboys (+3.5) over BEARS-- Unless Chicago makes a QB
change.
Titans (+4.5) over SAINTS-- Unless the Madden Curse
arrives two weeks early.

No comments: